In past several weeks, we have heard numerous talks on U.S. immigration and nationality laws. As your trusted visa consultants, we, Visa Guide, remain vigilant about how this section of President Trump’s initiatives may be implemented.
President-Elect, Mr.Donald Trump has set forth a 10 – point U.S. Immigration Law Plan during his campaign, which his administration will try execute to “restore the integrity” of the U.S. immigration system. The 10-Point plan set forth is as mentioned below:
- Begin working on an impenetrable physical border wall with Mexico
- End of policy of “catch and release” under trump administration, anyone who illegally crosses the border will be detained until they are removed from U.S.
- Deport/removal of illegal immigrants. remove criminal aliens in joint operation with local, state administration federal law enforcements and to terminate the Obama administration’s deadly, non – enforcement policies that allow thousands of criminal aliens to freely roam in the streets of U.S.
- Put an end to sanctuary cities for harboring dangerous immigrants who commit crimes against Americans.
- End executive actions – end DACA and DAPA. Immediately terminate ex-president Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties. All immigration laws will be enforced & anyone who enters U.S. illegally is subject to deportation.
- Suspend the issuance of visas from certain countries where adequate screening cannot occur, until proven and effective vetting mechanisms can be put into place.
- Ensure that the other countries take back their people when deported to the country of origin.
- Ensure that a biometric entry-exit visa tracking system is fully implemented at all land, air and sea ports.
- Turn-off the jobs and benefits magnet – many immigrants come to us illegally in search of jobs, even though federal law prohibits the employment of illegal immigrants.
- Reform legal immigration initiatives is among his priorities to serve the best interests of america and its workers, keeping
immigration levels with historic norms.
The reforms are expected to crack down on the H-1B guest worker visa. The Trump campaign has also warned that their priority will be to protect “American jobs” – which means the reforms will pare down on the H1B temporary work visa . These were originally meant to be used by companies to hire workers for jobs for which Americans were not available, but increasingly they have become a route to permanent immigration. Protectionists also alleged that they have been used to displace American workers and spirit jobs out of US.
The new administration will also focus on radical ideologies, nuclear weapons and cyber-attacks as three areas of threat to national defence and security. In fact, based upon a new “reading of the tea leaves”, it would appear that we may be poised for the potential to see the successful implementation of a Comprehensive
Immigration Reform Bill.
We invite you to stay tuned!