Surrounded by Pacific and Indian oceans, Australia is one of the most urbanized countries, providing a quality lifestyle and high standard of living. The government of Australia encourages international skilled workers to come and settle in Australia with a promise of a better life. But before doing that, you might want to know the benefits associated with moving there for a long time; with the help of Permanent Residency (PR) visa which allows you and your eligible family members to live, work and study in Australia on a permanent basis, here are some pointers for you.
- If you have been living in Australia as a permanent resident for at least past four years, you can apply for Australian citizenship.
- Permanent residents of Australia get several social security benefits, i.e. free or subsidized health care facility, education and unemployment benefits, etc.
- As a Permanent Resident of Australia, you can sponsor your eligible family members or relatives to come to Australia.
- You get the right to travel to New Zealand and apply for New Zealand Visa.
- Your kids born in Australia will get the Australian citizenship by birth.
- You are also entitled to pursue your higher education in Australia. Permanent Residents are also entitled for education loans. These type of loans are extremely beneficial for you as pursuing your higher education while being in Australia will not be a burden on your financial stability.
- Right to medicare might just be the most important benefit. This scheme is run by the Australian Government where they entitle all the Permanent Residents to have free medicare facility. Under this facility you get free treatment in any public hospital and subsidy on medicines as well.
- Once you become a Permanent Resident of Australia, your credit ranking also shoots up! What it means for you is that getting home loan, personal loans, applying for credit cards will get easier.
The first and the most important reason to obtain Australian citizenship is that you will be able to stay in the most livable country in the world, and one among the most economically stable ones.
- Getting Australian citizenship also means you can vote and elect your representatives.
- Australian citizens have lower education costs.
- You can apply for government jobs. Most of the jobs require the applicant to be an Australian citizen.
- You will get an Australian passport which offers better visa-free travel than most other countries, and gives you the right to consular protection when you are abroad.
- If you have children born outside of Australia, you will be able to register them as Australian citizens by descent.
- With an Australian passport you will also get full residence rights in New Zealand.
- If you want to adopt a child in Australia, the law in some states and territories requires that at least one or both parents are Australian citizens.
- By gaining Australian citizenship you also get the right to represent Australia in many international sporting and cultural events.
- You will have access to safety nets that you couldn’t if you aren’t an Australian citizen, for example unemployment benefits if you are unable to find work.
All Australian citizens share the democratic beliefs like parliamentary democracy, the rule of law, living peacefully, respect of all individuals regardless of background and compassion for those in need. With a high standard of living and balanced lifestyle backed by a strong economy and scenic landscaping, Australia is the choice of migration!