We love Dubai! The number of blogs that we have written for Dubai (or UAE) related visa processes shows how much we adore this place. We have shared a lot of information in earlier articles and FAQs, today we are taking up another point that has been troubling travelers for some time due to incomplete information.
On May 1, 2017, it was announced that the Indian nationals holding a normal passport and a visit visa or green card issued by the US can obtain a visa on arrival for a maximum stay of 14 days in UAE.
We are going to talk about the missing details and process of availing this new facility given to Indian travelers.
Duration And Cost
The duration of this visa would be 14 days and cost is AED 100 (Marhaba service counter charges an additional AED 20 as processing fees), travelers can apply to extend their stay for an additional 14 days at an extra cost of AED 250. For extension, you can go to the General Directorate of Residency and Foreign Affairs office on Terminal 3, Arrivals section of the Dubai Airport (subject to change).
Following are the requirements to obtain the visa on arrival in Dubai.
- An Indian passport with the minimum validity of 6 months from the arrival date
- Valid U.S. visas, green cards, U.K Resident Permits, or EU resident permits
- Flight tickets (not mandatory but good to have)
- Once you reach the airport, you will see clear markings for Indian travelers who wants to opt for visa on arrival.
- You will have to go to Marhaba counter before immigration, they will process the payment for the visa on arrival (they will charge AED 20 extra for the service). Please note that this service fees don’t include the meet and greet service.
- Present your passport at the counter.
- They will scan your passport and valid U.S. visas, green cards, U.K Resident Permits, or EU resident permits
- They will collect the money
- Collect the receipt and move to immigration counter.
- At the immigration counter, they may ask you questions about your stay and take a picture.
Some other points that may help you resolve certain FAQs related to visa on arrival services.
- OTB (Okay To Board) may or may not be required, best people to confirm are the airlines you are traveling with, in most of the cases, it is not required.
- It is okay if you have not traveled on your U.S. visas, green cards, U.K Resident Permits or EU resident permits before, you can still opt for the visa on arrival option as long as you have a valid visa from above list.
- You can travel to Dubai (UAE) from India or other countries, there are no restrictions as long as you fulfill the conditions mentioned in the requirements.
We hope this article clarifies some peculiar doubts that were lingering around visa on arrival process for Dubai (UAE).
You do not have to worry if you fail to comply with the criteria to apply for this type of visa, you can still apply for a normal visit visa. Connect with us, we will be happy to help you.