Indians love to travel, everyone knows this, Thailand is no exception. The economy which relies heavily on foreign tourists is wooing them by reducing their visa fees till February 27, 2017. Thailand announced to charge lower visa rates for couple of months for Indian (and many other) tourists to attract them to the land of rich history and culture.
Even though the cost of visa is much less, it is still higher for on-arrival tourists as compared to people who are obtaining the visa before arriving to country. Thailand embassy also ensured the visas are being given out in less than 4 business days by expediting processes, this will avoid rush of travelers and long queues on Thailand airports.
One can obtain 60 days tourist visa for Thailand from Thailand mission of their countries. This visa would be valid for single time entry in Thailand. For this, Indian nationals will have to carry following documents to the embassy (please go on this link to get more details: https://visa.guide/from/IN/to/TH/purpose/tourism/visa/single-entry) :
To secure tourist visa on arrival, travelers will have to carry following documents along with them, without these documents a traveler may face threat of deportation from Thailand airport.
The visa on arrival permits passport holders of 19* countries to enter Thailand if they meet below mentioned criteria.
- The visit is strictly should be strictly for tourism purposes and no other purpose
- The passport must be genuine and should be valid for at least 60 days from the date of arrival
- You must have a valid accommodation address in Thailand (hotel, hostel or apartment) that can be verified
- You must have a confirmed return ticket to show. Open tickets do not qualify. Travelling out of Thailand by train, bus etc. to nearby countries is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand. If you do not show your air ticket, Thailand authorities may refuse entry inside country
- It will also be necessary to prove that you have funds of at least 20,000 THB per person and 30,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand.
- A fee is payable upon entry for visa (this is way more than obtaining visa through Thailand mission) and is subject to change without notice. It must be paid in cash and Thai currency only
- Travelers who are not eligible to enter Thailand under visa on arrival and visa exemption rule are advised to obtain visas with the Royal Thai Embassy prior to their visit
So what are you waiting for? Get your Thailand visa today itself. And you know where exactly your next international travel starts!!!
PS: Stay tuned with us to know why Thailand is one of the most popular destination among tourists.