Atithi Devo Bhava!
India, the country of ancient wisdom and modern traditions has ample of ways in which it attracts travelers. Every year thousands of people travel to this land of diverse culture to satisfy their wanderlust and always leave with a promise to visit again. Indian government and people of this great nation warmly welcome travelers from various countries every year, and to make it convenient for them the authorities have come up with easier norms and regulations in the visa process.
India allows the majority of nationalities to apply for eVisa, which is probably the next best thing after visa-free travel. Some nationalities do have to apply for sticker visa, but with simpler processes in place, it is pretty much a straightforward task.
Here is the entire process and other details to obtain an Indian eVisa.
- International Travelers whose sole objective of visiting India is recreation, sightseeing, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit.
- International Travelers should have a return ticket or onward journey ticket, with sufficient money to spend during his/her stay in India.
- Not available to individuals endorsed on Parent’s/Spouse’s Passport i.e. each individual should have a separate passport.
- Not available to International Travel Document Holders.
- Passport should have at least six months validity from the date of arrival in India. The passport should have at least two blank pages.
- Recent colored photograph (scanned copy, dimension – 2in x 2in, white background, face visibility – at least 80%, not older than 4 months)
- Passport pages containing personal particulars (scanned copy)
- Credit/debit card for making payments
- Go to following the link: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/…
- Select ‘Apply Online’ option
- Fill in details according to your travel plan (you can save your application and fill it up later; however, we have seen that it stops in-between at times due to high volumes so better would be to complete it in one go, shouldn’t take more than 15 minutes)
- Verify the details before submitting it
- Make payments online using the credit card/debit card (2.5% bank charges may be applicable in certain cases) – the fees vary but mostly it hovers around $75
- Receive an eVisa on the email address you provided earlier
- You will have to take a print out of your eVisa while traveling, keep extra copies as it might be needed at multiple places at your port of entry/exit.
- You can contact Indian mission directly at +91-11-24300666 or firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions post or before your visa submission.
Alternatively, you can apply for a sticker visa through Indian embassy or consulates from your home country.
- This may need some additional documents depending on your requirements.
- The process might be little long and tedious, and instructions may seem to be written in a confusing manner.
- However, authorities are trying to improve it rapidly, and are very helpful in understanding your case and assisting you in applying for the right visa.
- Duration of this type of visa might be longer but at a complete discretion of the consular.
Hope with this article you have to worry about one less thing during your trip to India. India has never disappointed any traveler, trust us it won’t disappoint you!